Subject: bar-bof on saml & kerberos intersections (skint?)

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:48:53 +0200

For want of a better name for it - Bob Morgan and I are going to
talk about the various ways in which SAML and Kerberos can make
life more interesting together than each can separately and we'd
like some company!

We're aiming for monday night right after krb-wg. Interested
parties should hover after krb-wg in whatever room that meets in.

    Cheers Leif

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: "Tim Alsop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:20:34 +0100

Leif,

I am very interested in this, but I am not attending IETF meeting this
time. So, can I ask if a summary of discussions is going to be published
for us to read and comment on ? I worked with bob on Oasis WG for SAML
2.0 and tried to introduce Kerberos, but was only partially successful,
so I am keen to contribute in some way as it seems there are now more
people interested.

Thanks,
Tim Alsop
CyberSafe

-----Original Message-----
From: Leif Johansson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 19 July 2007 22:49
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: bar-bof on saml & kerberos intersections (skint?)

    Cheers Leif

---

From: Martin Rex <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:57:43 +0200 (MEST)

Tim,

> so I am keen to contribute in some way as it seems there are now more

It is possible to participate IETF meetings virtually over the internet.
I've been doing for the last couple of meetings, and it works
remarkably well (except for the time offset between me in old Europe
and the majority of meetings in the US).

The audiocast is usually very good, most of the presentations
become available online from the IETF website short before or
during the meeting, so you can watch the slides as well.

And for meetings of the security area, there is a significant amount of
talk in the jabber rooms (plus some amount of jabber scribing) and
comments from remote participants into jabber are usually fed back
into the meeting.

-Martin

---

From: "Tim Alsop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:02:37 +0100

Martin,

Thankyou. I wasn't sure about this meeting because it sounded like it
might be a less formal meeting (e.g. chat around coffee table) instead
of a formal scheduled meeting. So, if the meeting will be online then I
look forward to joining in.

Take care,
Tim 

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Rex [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 19 July 2007 23:58
To: Tim Alsop
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bar-bof on saml & kerberos intersections (skint?)

Tim,

-Martin

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:35:14 -0500

> It is possible to participate IETF meetings virtually over the internet.

Indeed, and one can even present remotely (but I wouldn't recommend it:
a) it doesn't work very well, b) even if it did you miss important
communication opportunities, c) it deprives the IETF/ISOC of funds).

But bar BoFs are another story.

Bar BoFs typically happen at a bar or at a restaurant, typically a noisy
one, though preferably not so noisy, and typically too far from IETF
tele-conferencing infrastructure.  It has to be this way because they
are not formally scheduled BoFs, therefore there's no reserved room or
tele-conferencing facilities, and, since they are not formally scheduled
and participants want to attend other formally scheduled meetings, bar
BoFs have to happen before/after the IETF day begins/ends or during
lunch, which means during breakfast, lunch or dinner, which means "where
there is food."

Nico
--

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:55:17 +0400

> parties should hover after krb-wg in whatever room that meets in.
I wish I could attend. I have a conflict with Apps Review Team meeting.

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:34:44 +0200

> look forward to joining in.

Yes this is a non-formal "coffee-table" bof, otherwise it would
be on the agenda ;-) Typically you need a few of these before
you go ahead (if ever) and request a formal bof slot. I'll try to
take notes an summarize on the krb-wg list.

    Cheers Leif

---

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:48:44 -0500 (CDT)

As one possible angle among many, there is discussion about requirements 
for getting Kerberos tickets to webapps/middle-tiers here:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB/Kerberos+Tickets+for+Middle+Tiers

This is in the context of the Shibboleth software package, but most 
elements should apply to any implementation.

  - RL "Bob"