Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:07:51 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update '
   <draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc2853bis-05.txt

Technical Summary

This document clarifies and updates the Java bindings specification for
the Generic Security Services Application Programming Interface
(GSS-API) version 2.

Working Group Summary

This document is a product of the kitten working group.  The working
group process was unremarkable.

Document Quality

There are at three vendors that have implemented the GSS-API Java
bindings; this ID is an update to synchronize with the known
implementations.

Personnel

Shawn M. Emery <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd for
this document.  Tim Polk is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Please insert the following into the header:

     Obsoletes: 2853 (if approved)

License Note:

This document is being forwarded for publication assuming that the
proposed update to the TLP will be completed by the IETF Trust prior
to completion of the RFC publication process.  If that process does not
terminate successfully, please perform the following two modifications
to section 1 as follows:

(1) Change the section title to "Conventions and Licenses"

(2) Insert a new second paragraph, replacing XXXX with the RFC number
assigned to this specification:

The following license applies to all code segments included in this
specification.  If code is extracted from this specification, please
include
the following text in the code:

/*
--   Copyright (c) 2009 IETF Trust and the persons identified as
--   authors of the code.  All rights reserved.
--
--   Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
--   modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
--   are met:
--
--   - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
--     notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
--
--   - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
--     notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
--     the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
--     distribution.
--
--   - Neither the name of Internet Society, IETF or IETF Trust, nor the
--     names of specific contributors, may be used to endorse or promote
--     products derived from this software without specific prior
--     written permission.
--
--
--
--   THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
--   'AS IS' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
--   LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
--   A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
--   OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
--   SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
--   LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
--   DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
--   THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
--   (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
--   OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
--
--   This code is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for full legal
notices.
-- 
--
*/