Subject: RFC 5587 on Extended Generic Security Service Mechanism Inquiry APIs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:29:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5587

        Title:      Extended Generic Security Service Mechanism 
                    Inquiry APIs 
        Author:     N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32002
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-extended-mech-inquiry-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5587.txt

This document introduces new application programming interfaces
(APIs) to the Generic Security Services API (GSS-API) for extended
mechanism attribute inquiry.  These interfaces are primarily intended
to reduce instances of hardcoding of mechanism identifiers in GSS
applications.

These interfaces include mechanism attributes and attribute sets, a
function for inquiring the attributes of a mechanism, a function for
indicating mechanisms that possess given attributes, and a function
for displaying mechanism attributes.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Kitten (GSS-API Next Generation) Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute