Subject: [kitten] New SAML EC draft

From: "Scott Cantor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:50:11 -0400

I've submitted an update to the original SAML mechanism I proposed, as an
individual submission to the Kitten WG (in place of the original SASL), and
adding Simon as an author.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cantor-ietf-kitten-saml-ec/

Simon added GS2/GSS support to the original proposal and eliminated some
redundant encoding, and I adjusted a couple of minor points, but it's mostly
unchanged otherwise.

This version does not yet have the channel bindings material that was
discussed a few weeks ago, but it *will* be added to a future draft. I have
started work on that material by producing an OASIS WD that will be the
basis of a new version of the Enhanced Client profile that this mechanism
will be based on. That new version will add support for channel bindings and
holder-of-key (as independent options), and then I'll be revising this
proposal to reference that work.

I plan to do this relatively quickly, time willing.

For reference, the Channel Bindings Extension proposal to SAML is here:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SAML2ChannelBindingExt

The new Enhanced Client proposal is in progress and I'll note it here when
it's submitted.

-- Scott