Subject: [kitten] Consensus Call: Use CBC for draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2-01

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:17:04 -0400

Folks, this message starts a consensus call on the question of whether
draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2-01 should adopt the proposal to use
CBC mode rather than CTS mode.

Comments in favor or against this change should be received by September
16, 2013.

Even if you have commented in the past, please send in a comment again.

---

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 15:23:33 -0500

Assuming no objections are asserted regarding DCE RPC w/ SSPI (I
*think* those were cleared up), I have no objections and, indeed, I'm
quite in favor of the proposal.

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 01:01:17 -0400

> CBC mode rather than CTS mode.

I am in favor.

---

From: Simo Sorce <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 14:10:05 -0400

> Comments in favor or against this change should be received by September

In favor.

-- 
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 02:27:46 -0400 (EDT)

> Comments in favor or against this change should be received by September

I am in favor of the CBC mode.

-Ben

---

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:34:01 -0400

> Even if you have commented in the past, please send in a comment again.

In favor, for reasons I've already said.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:08:04 -0400

We appear to have a strong consensus in favor of this change to use CBC
mode rather than CTS.

I'd ask the authors to prepare and submit a new draft with a new name,
probably draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cbc-hmac-sha2

Sorry about all the delays involved in coming to this consensus.  I
appreciate the effort spent by all in the discussion.

---

From: "Peck, Michael A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:12:32 +0000

Thanks. We will submit a new draft shortly reflecting the working group consensus to use CBC mode.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sam Hartman
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:08 PM
To: Sam Hartman
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [kitten] Consensus Call: Use CBC for draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2-01

Sorry about all the delays involved in coming to this consensus.  I
appreciate the effort spent by all in the discussion.
_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten