Subject: [kitten] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hansen-scram-sha256-00.txt

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:38:12 -0400

As promised, here is an internet draft to register SCRAM-SHA-256[-PLUS].

     Tony Hansen

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action: draft-hansen-scram-sha256-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:36:36 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms
         Author          : Tony Hansen
	Filename        : draft-hansen-scram-sha256-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2014-04-11

Abstract:
    This document registers the SASL mechanisms SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-
    SHA-256-PLUS.  It also updates RFC 5802 in minor ways.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-scram-sha256/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hansen-scram-sha256-00

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:45:28 +0200

> As promised, here is an internet draft to register

Thanks.  It looks good to me.  If you are not saying anything about
GSS-API per-message token algorithm, you will end up getting
aes128-cts-hmac-sha1-96 there because that's what RFC 5802 says.  Is
that OK with you?  I don't think there is a SHA2-based Kerberos enctype
registered yet.  I don't see this as a problem, I just wanted to make a
note of it -- some people may consider it a bit misaligned.

/Simon