Subject: [kitten] RFC 8009 on AES Encryption with HMAC-SHA2 for Kerberos 5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 22:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8009

        Title:      AES Encryption with HMAC-SHA2 for 
                    Kerberos 5 
        Author:     M. Jenkins, M. Peck,
                    K. Burgin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 34935
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-aes-cts-hmac-sha2-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8009

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8009

This document specifies two encryption types and two corresponding checksum
types for Kerberos 5.  The new types use AES in CTS mode (CBC mode with
ciphertext stealing) for confidentiality and HMAC with a SHA-2 hash for
integrity.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC