Subject: [kitten] Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator-04.txt> (Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:57:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'Authentication Indicator in Kerberos Tickets'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 4120 in order to specify an extension in
   the Kerberos protocol.  It defines a new authorization data type AD-
   AUTHENTICATION-INDICATOR.  The purpose of introducing this data type
   is to include an indicator of the strength of a client's
   authentication in service tickets so that application services can
   use it as an input into policy decisions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-auth-indicator/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.