Subject: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 19:17:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SPAKE Pre-Authentication
        Authors         : Nathaniel McCallum
                          Simo Sorce
                          Robbie Harwood
                          Greg Hudson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2020-04-30

Abstract:
   This document defines a new pre-authentication mechanism for the
   Kerberos protocol that uses a password authenticated key exchange.
   This document has three goals.  First, increase the security of
   Kerberos pre-authentication exchanges by making offline brute-force
   attacks infeasible.  Second, enable the use of second factor
   authentication without relying on FAST.  This is achieved using the
   existing trust relationship established by the shared first factor.
   Third, make Kerberos pre-authentication more resilient against time
   synchronization errors by removing the need to transfer an encrypted
   timestamp from the client.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-krb-spake-preauth-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/