Subject: krbrev - Kerberos revisions sections for comment

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:49:37 -0700 (PDT)

All,

In the next 24 hours you will see a lot of message from me - for a
change - as I put the Kerberos revisions in order to submit the next
Internet draft, which is due on Friday.  I will send messages to the
list as sections are changed.  I hope that those on the list will look
at the changed sections at:

 http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions

as I announce each section and send me feedback.  I would like it if
the feedback is as specific as possible, suggesting specific changes,
or if you don't know the specific change, pointing out your concern.

Please first send the suggestion to me alone.  I will then either make
the change and reply to the list (crediting your contribution of
course), or I will reply to you individually to try to clarify or
explain why I don't think the change is necessary.  At this point you
can either reply to me individually, or to the list if you think there
is an issue that needs discussion.  In all messages to me - or
subsequently to the list, please include "krbrev -" as a prefix to the
subject - it cause the message to go into a separate folder for easier
tracking.

I will go through this process until I submit the draft on Friday, and
we can continue this process even after the draft submission, up until
the working group meeting.

My reason for wanting to initially go through me is that I have found
it very difficult to keep track of specific changes to make when the
suggestions immediately result in long tangential discussions, with
other issues interspersed.

Let's start now with the introduction - section 1 - for which I feel
discussion is closed.  The changes since the last draft are the
removal of the discussion of name canonicalization in this section
(removal from other sections is to follow, please confine your
suggestions for the movement to this section).

Clifford Neuman