Subject: Re: Working Group Last call - draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-07.txt

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:36:11 -0400

And I take it that adding this proxy functionality to AP_REQ/AP_REP
would be too disruptive of RFC1510.

Sigh.

Nico

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:19:31AM -0700, Paul Leach wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Nicolas Williams [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> > Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 11:01 AM
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Subject: Re: Working Group Last call - draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-07.txt
> > 
> > 
> > Ok, so, IAKERB is, essentially, a KDC proxy? a KDC proxy 
> > running over GSS-API? with IAKERB acting as a mechanism 
> > extension to the KerberosV mechanism?
> > 
> > Why do this within GSS-API? Why not have a proxy external to GSS?
> 
> Because having it within GSS-API means that it is transparent to apps
> that use GSS-API.
> 
> If someone wants a way that isn't transparent to apps, or works for
> non-GSS apps, they are free to write an I-D. It shouldn't stop this one
> from going forward.
> 
> Paul
--
. 
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-

Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
for the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you 
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please 
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this 
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free 
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, 
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore 
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents 
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If 
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This 
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be 
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or 
related financial instruments.

---

From: "Paul Leach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:19:31 -0700

Paul