Subject: krbrev - section 9 - changes next week

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:35:42 -0700 (PDT)

All,

There are no changes to section 9 - interoperability requirements - by
the time of the draft submission deadline.  Things to be discussed
before the meeting include the required encryption types soon - and I
would suggest starting this discussion in the middle of next week (I'm
trying to schedule discussion on the list so that we can come to
closure on the easier issues first before discussing topics that will
likely have lots of messages).  I will ask Ken to lead this part of
the discussion on the list.

In the early part of next week, I will be working on text for this
section (9) about interoperaibility requirements and transition
guidelines for the optional fields from section 5 (there has been
discussion of this off the list over the past couple of days - and
that discussion will be moved onto the list when I write this proposed
text).

You can find the latest versions at:

 http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions

For discussions of any other issues in this section, I would like it
if the feedback is as specific as possible, suggesting specific
changes, or if you don't know the specific change, pointing out your
concern.

Please first send the suggestion to me alone.  I will then either make
the change and reply to the list (crediting your contribution of
course), or I will reply to you individually to try to clarify or
explain why I don't think the change is necessary.  At this point you
can either reply to me individually, or to the list if you think there
is an issue that needs discussion.  In all messages to me - or
subsequently to the list, please include "krbrev -" as a prefix to the
subject - it cause the message to go into a separate folder for easier
tracking.

We will continue this revisions cycle through the meeting, so if you
don't get changes to me today (I understand that is unlikely), still
send them to me and I will update the version of the web site for
continued discussion.  I will be submitting the draft in its current
form up to noon (US PDT) today - to meet the 5PM (US EDT) deadline.

Clifford Neuman