Subject: Status of Kerberos Revisions

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:39:25 -0800 (PST)

The December IETF is fast approaching and we need to do what we can to
move us as quickly toward last call on the Kerberos revisions
document.  The deadline for submitting the next Draft is November 21,
I am hoping to beat this by a couple of days this time.  The remaining
issues from the London IETF were:

 . Internationalization (specifically  UTF-8)

  We have not made much progress here, though this is likely to be the
  main thing holding us up.  We know we have to do something, but we
  don't have clear guidance of what we should be doing.  There has
  been lots of discussion, both at the last IETF, and general discussion
  on this list about internationalization in general, but I think that
  we need a concrete discussion on the list of what to do
  w.r.t. internationalization for this next draft and a decision needs
  to be made in the next week or so.  Jeff Hutzelman will be sending
  out a message shortly to promote discussion on this topic.

 . Chapter 5

  Ken and Tom have been working on the section 5 revisions, but have
  been busy as of late on getting a new release out.  I expect that more
  will be done on this in the next couple of days to come up with
  something for me to incorporate into the draft.  There should be
  some discussion on the list in the next week when Tom is ready to
  send his suggested changes to the list for comment.

 . Chapter 6

  Ken still has some items to send or resend to me for incorporation in
  the draft.  These will be added.  We will also move the deprecated
  cryptosystems to an appending.  We are NOT waiting on an AES method,
  though Ken is working on that in a separate draft, in a manner that
  we may choose to incorporate, but we don't want to hold up the
  revisions waiting for this.  I think these changes should be
  straightforward and should not present a bottlneck to progress.

 . Appendices

  There are various changes to the appendices in the works that will
  be in place by the deadline for this IETF.

If there are any other issues that anyone feels needs to be resolved,
please send them to the list.

Clifford Neuman

---

From: "John Brezak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:52:07 -0800

Can we add a section on the salts used in the various string to key
functions and how this related to PW-SALT and ETYPE-INFO?

-----Original Message-----
From: Clifford Neuman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 7:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Status of Kerberos Revisions

The December IETF is fast approaching and we need to do what we can to
move us as quickly toward last call on the Kerberos revisions document.
The deadline for submitting the next Draft is November 21, I am hoping
to beat this by a couple of days this time.  The remaining issues from
the London IETF were:

 . Chapter 5

 . Chapter 6

 . Appendices

Clifford Neuman