Subject: Krb-wg agenda items

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:53:12 -0600

The Kerberos WG will is scheduled to meet on 
THURSDAY, December 13, 2001
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I

So far we have four topics to discuse:

 o Kerberos revisions. As always, this is the top priority item,
   as every thing else depends on this. I believe we are close
   I expect Cliff, Tom and Ken to lead this discussion.  A new draft 
   has been submitted, but not yet posted. 
   But Cliff has an online copy:
   http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions/

 o Internationalization - UTF-8 
   Jeff Altman submitted an I-D on this, which has been posted:  
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-info-ascii-gen-string-00.txt
   There has been heated discussions over this in the last two weeks, with 
   a number of people leading the discussion from time to time. 
   (I am not sure if Jeff Altman will make the meeting, so we will need some one to
   lead the discussions. Please send your suggestions of who this could be to me.
   This could be your self or someone else.)

 o GSSAPI Kerberos User2user
   A draft was recently resubmitted: 
   http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swift-win2k-krb-user2user-03.txt

 o PKINIT - is it ready for Last Call:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-14.txt

Are there any others?

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Matt Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:08:35 -0600

> Are there any others?

I did send you a note about draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-01.txt.  I
request that it *either* be on the agenda *or* offered for WG last
call.  The most substantive change since -00 was to fill in a "TBA"
code point that Cliff has now assigned.  The other addition was
another paragraph in Security Considerations in answer to Nicolas'
comment:

+ Use of this authentication method employs the service's long-term
+ key, providing more ciphertext in that key to an eavesdropper.  This
+ key is generally of better quality than a password-derived key and
+ any remaining concerns about the strength of the KRB_AS_REP are
+ better addressed by a general mechanism applicable to all AS
+ exchanges.
+ 

Other people in the WG claim to be working on the "general mechanism".

I believe the rest of Nicolas' remarks simply reflect the fact that
he's contemplating a very different purpose for his modified
TGS_REQ notion than I am aiming at with this AS_REQ exchange.

				Matt

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:20:25 -0600

Updated agenda version 2.0

So far we have five topics to discus:

 o Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication
   The new draft has not yet been posted, but should be:
   draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-01.txt 
   This may be read for last call after this meeting.

Are there any others?

--

---

From: Francois Leclerc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:38:23 -0600

FYI,

I still have not heard of any change in draft PKINIT 14 with regards to
the use of RSA, now unencumbered.

see posting: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/krb-wg/2001-08.mail
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--FL

---

From: Matt Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:37:53 -0600

Did we get a new -cat-kerberos-passwords- draft?

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:43:15 -0500

>Did we get a new -cat-kerberos-passwords- draft?

No ... because I'm a worthless bastard.

(really because I got caught up in some other stuff).  I really really
promise there will be one RSN (soon after January when I clear out some
other projects).

--Ken

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:43:11 -0600

Brian, would you like to comment on this?

--