Subject: PKINIT Diffie-Hellman key exchange

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:02:06 -0500

I have read through the latest PKINIT draft (#15) several times, and I am
having trouble understanding which OID should be used for DH key exchange.

In section 3.1.2.2, the draft says: "The following algorithm identifier
shall be used within the SubjectPublicKeyInfo data structure:
dhpublicnumber". This is the only reference to dhpublicnumber in the draft.

Later on, in section 3.2.1, it says the SubjectPublicKeyInfo should contain
the algorithm identifier for dhKeyAgreement, and it shows the DHParameter
for the algorithm.

It seems to me that the draft is unclear about this. Which OID should be
used when somebody wants to do an Ephemeral-Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman
exchange , dhpublicnumber or dhKeyAgreement?

Thanks,
Gilles Roy

==== Precise.  Making your ideas an embedded reality. ====

Gilles Roy
Precise Software Technologies Inc.
515 Legget Dr., Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2K 3G4
_______________________________

Tel:  613-591-2879
Fax: 613-271-8076
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.psti.com/
_______________________________

Unless otherwise expressly stated, this message does not create or vary any
contractual relationship between you and Precise Software Technologies Inc.
or any of its affiliates.  The contents of this e-mail may be confidential
and if you have received it in error, please delete it from your system,
destroy any hard copies and telephone the above number.  Incoming e-mails
to Precise may be subject to monitoring other than by the addressee.