Subject: RE: Krb-wg agenda items 2.0

From: "Brown, Doug" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:34:38 -0700

I just looked at the krb-revisions Section 6 document to see what encryption
types are going to be supported.  I was glad to see a large number of new
ciphers, but was surprised to see that Rijndael (AES) was being omitted from
this draft.  That seems to be an obvious encryption type to support,
especially since it's been adopted by NIST as a gov't standard.  Is there a
good reason why it's being left out of this spec?

- Doug Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: Moore, Patrick 
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 9:51 AM
To: Brown, Doug; Machin, Glenn D; Richard Mark (E-mail); Ron Wilkins
(E-mail)
Subject: FW: Krb-wg agenda items 2.0

Forwarding FYI . .  .

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas E. Engert [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Krb-wg agenda items 2.0

Updated agenda version 2.0

The Kerberos WG will is scheduled to meet on
THURSDAY, December 13, 2001
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I

So far we have five topics to discus:

 o Kerberos revisions. As always, this is the top priority item,
   as every thing else depends on this. I believe we are close
   I expect Cliff, Tom and Ken to lead this discussion.  A new draft
   has been submitted, but not yet posted.
   But Cliff has an online copy:
   http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions/

 o Internationalization - UTF-8
   Jeff Altman submitted an I-D on this, which has been posted:
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-info-ascii-gen-string-
00.txt
   There has been heated discussions over this in the last two weeks, with
   a number of people leading the discussion from time to time.
   (I am not sure if Jeff Altman will make the meeting, so we will need some
one to
   lead the discussions. Please send your suggestions of who this could be
to me.
   This could be your self or someone else.)

 o GSSAPI Kerberos User2user
   A draft was recently resubmitted:
 
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swift-win2k-krb-user2user-03.tx
t

 o PKINIT - is it ready for Last Call:
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-14.txt

 o Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware
Preauthentication
   The new draft has not yet been posted, but should be:
   draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-01.txt 
   This may be read for last call after this meeting.

Are there any others?

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444