Subject: Agenda - Kerberos WG

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:22:51 -0600

Kerberos WG  (krb)

THURSDAY, December 13, 2001
1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions I
======================================================

CHAIR: Doug Engert <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  Introduction  
        Doug Engert - 5 min

 "The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)" 
        Cliff Neuman, Ken Raeburn, Tom Yu  - 45 min

        "The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)"
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-revisions-10.txt
	Can also be found at http://www.isi.edu/people/bcn/krb-revisions 

        The main objective of the working group is to move this draft forward 
        to last call. Sections 5 and 6 have the majority of changes, so if nothing
        else read sections 5 and 6.         

  "Informational: Kerberos GeneralString to be Interpreted as ASCII Only"
        Jeff Altman - 30 min
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-info-ascii-gen-string-00.txt

        The internationalization issues are being split from the revisions, so the 
        revisions can proceed. There has been heated discussions over the UTF-8 issues in 
        the last month, with a number of people leading the discussion from time to time.
 
 "Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos"
        Brian Tung - 10 min 
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-15.txt
        We had started a last call, but there where some comments. A
        new revision of the draft has been posted. If all goes well, we can start
        WG last call after the meeting.     

 "Generating KDC Referrals to locate Kerberos realms"
        John Brezak - 10 min 
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-02.txt

 "User to User Kerberos Authentication using GSS-API"
        Swift, Brezak, Moore - 10 min
        http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swift-win2k-krb-user2user-03.txt
        Implementations are starting to pop up with this, we need to make sure we have it
right.
       
 "Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos by Hardware Preauthentication"
        Matt Crawford - 10 min
        http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-hw-auth-01.txt
        New draft.

DESCRIPTION:

The prime goal of the working group is to get Kerberos Revisions to last call,
as most of the other documents depend on this.  To this end a number if issues are being
described in seperate documentts, such as internationalization, and the KDC referals. 

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444