Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-set-passwd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 07:14:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2
	Author(s)	: J. Trostle et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-set-passwd-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-5-6
	
This proposal specifies an extensible protocol for setting keys and
changing the passwords of Kerberos [RFC1510] principals.
The protocol support a single operation per-session when run over UDP, or  multiple operations per-session when run over TCP.  Clients can
change their own principal's password or keys or they can change
other principals', provided that they are properly authorized to do
so.
Additional related features include the ability to determine the
known aliases of Kerberos principals.  This feature will facilitate
the implementation of aliasing of target principal names in KDC
requests by allowing principals to know which names are aliases of
their canonical principal names.  Principal aliasing is needed to
properly support the use of aliases and short-form names by users
without requiring that clients canonicalize principal names, possibly
using insecure name services in the process.
This protocol uses IETF language tags [RFC3066] to negotiate proper
localization of  help messages intended for users.  UTF-8 is used
throughout for strings, suitably constrained, where necessary, by the
minor version of Kerberos V in use by clients and servers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-set-passwd-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-set-passwd-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-set-passwd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.