Subject: Technical review request for new book on Kerberos

From: Jason Garman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 15:10:58 -0400

I have been working on a book for O'Reilly and Associates on the 
Kerberos protocol for the better part of the past year.  The book 
covers a wide range of Kerberos-related topics, beginning with a 
discussion of the terminology that administrators must be familiar with 
such as principals, realms, and tickets, through a technical 
description of the Kerberos protocol and the popular implementations 
available, and finishing with a discussion of the future directions of 
the Kerberos protocol, including the Kerberos Clarifications document.

That book is now in a position where I need to find some technical 
reviewers to ensure the technical accuracy of the content.  While I 
already have recruited several administrators who are not familiar with 
the Kerberos protocol, for a target audience point of view, I'd also 
like to get someone on the Kerberos Working Group to review the text 
for technical correctness.  I would like someone who is well versed in 
the theoretical background of the protocol as well as someone who is 
familiar with the practicalities associated with Kerberos and its 
various implementations.

The time requirement is minimal, as the review involves reading the 
current text, which is around 250 pages, and commenting on any vague or 
inaccurate information you find within.  O'Reilly provides some 
compensation to those who review their books, and I would certainly 
provide acknowledgment in the finished text as well.  For those who are 
interested, please contact me directly at the email address below.

Thanks,
Jason Garman / [email-masked]