Subject: krb-wg WG summary

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:06:58 -0400

Note: I'm acting WG chair in lieu Doug Engert for this IETF.

The main documents of this group (clarifications and kcrypto) have passed
last call and have been sent to the IESG.  Comments received since last
call are minor enough that they can be fixed during the author revision
period.

Sam Hartman has done additional work on a combine-keys function that can
be used by the Extra-TGT draft, and if the author has the time this could
be last-called by the next IETF.

There was a surprising amount of discussion regarding the PKINIT and PKCROSS
drafts.  A represenative from CableLabs expressed their concerns regarding
the delay of these drafts (especially PKCROSS), a lack of a timeline
for the extensions document (which PKCROSS depends on), and an offer
of resources to work ont hese documents.  The WG committed to producing
a revised timeline, and to commencing work on the Extensions document
as soon as possible (a timeline proposed by the acting chair was to
finish up extensions by August 2004).  The ADs pointed out that if we
coordinated with the CableLabs folks, both Extensions and PKCROSS could
proceed simultaneously.

Tim Alsop of Cybersafe UK asked the WG if there was any interesting in
exploring Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication within the context of SAML.
It was the consensus of the WG that this was out-of-scope for this
workingroup.

Leif Johansson spoke briefly about the Kerberos KDC LDAP schema work;
right now the focus of the work was on defining the information model,
and then after that a schema could be defined.

The working group decided that an interim meeting was necessary, 
and will decide when/where it should be based on list discussion.

Summary of actions expected before next IETF meeting:

	Update working group timelime (include extensions document)

	Decide on location of interim meeting.

	Hold interim meeting.

	Start work on Extensions document.

--Ken