Subject: Positive comments on draft-ietf-krb-wg-set-change-password

From: [email-masked] (Sam Hartman)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:22:18 -0400 (EDT)

I realize that there has been a lot of problems rasied with the
current set-change password draft.  However I also wanted to let you
know that I really appreciate the work you have put into the draft and
believe that it is a lot closer to being last callable than it was
before you got involved.

The problems seem small and relatively easy to fix.  The draft was
very clear and identifying problems was easy.

Thanks for your work.

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:47:23 -0700

> very clear and identifying problems was easy.

*blush*

Thank you.

The biggest problems to my mind stem from the transport issues and
those are there primarily due to a desire to keep the original in the
hopes of facilitating version negotiation.  It's become obvious that we
cannot securely negotiate set-pw major versions since -00.

Perhaps now we can reach consensus on what to do about the transport.

The problems with the set keys request are easy to solve as are all of
the problems relating to the ASN.1 part of the protocol.

Cheers,

Nico
--