Subject: Conclusion of Krb-wg Final WG Last Call on Clarifications, Kcrypto and AES

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:31:29 -0500

After three years we are finally ready for the Final Working Group Last 
call for the three main documents of the krb-wg: 

 The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-04.txt

 Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-05.txt

 AES Encryption for Kerberos 5
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-05.txt
 
The last call started 6/20/3 and ended on 7/4/3. 

Comments received: 

  6/23/3 Abstract  - Ken Raeburn
   nit-picking on the abstract.

  6/23/3Abstract - Jeffrey Altman
   nit-picking on the abstract, response to above. 

  6/23/3 Section 7.5.9 msg 68 description non-sensical - Ken Raeburn
   KDC_ERR_WRONG_REALM               68 USER-TO-USER TGT issued different KDC
   Error message does not make sense

  6/24/3 IPR statement? -Ken Raeburn
   Comments on [TM] by MIT for Kerberos in the End Notes
   Responses from Doug Engert, Tom Yu, Steve Bellovin.

  7/7/3 Section 8.2.1 DES-MD5 - Love
   DES-MD5 should be RSA-DES-MD5

As viewed by the chair, all of these have been addressed, or are minor enough
that the three documents have passed WG-last call. 

(I will recommend that if we need to do edit the document again, that 
the DES-MD5 be changed to RSA-DES-MD5).   

I will be sending a seperate note to the IESG and ADs to advance these 
three documents to Proposed Standard.

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444