Subject: Proposed things to talk about next week

From: [email-masked] (Sam Hartman)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:30:53 -0400 (EDT)

I think it might be a good idea to start agenda discussions.  We're
going to be discussing pkinit and extensions.

For pkinit, I think the following issues have been identified on the list  as a minimum:

1) Do we want to try and solve the reusing pkinit modules problem?

2) How committed to the pkinit 16 protocol are we?

3) Is pkinit's use of enctypes acceptable or should it find a
   different mechanism to indicate supported CMS ciphers? (Ken's point)

4) Make sure we have people who have signed up to deal with each of
   the open issues.

For extensions:

1) Brief overview of the semantics of extensions from IETF 53.

2) Are there any proposals for additional semantics made since then?
   I think Nico has at least one.

3) Lots of discussion of encoding

4) Discussion of how we handle internationalized text recommendations
   for things like pkinit and change-password that are both extensions
   and clarifications protocols.  I.E. is Nico's text acceptable or do
   we need to do something else.

5) Assigning people to do tasks like go through all uses of string in
   the protocol and mark them as query/display/storage.  (Query
   strings are stringprepped but unassigned codepoints are not
   allowed; display strings are unmodified; storage strings must not
   have unassigned codepoints)

6) Confirm negotiation mechanisms.

7) Make sure we have solutions to all the open issues from December
   2001 or assign people to generate solutions.

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:04:21 -0500

Sounds like a good stating point. Its good to so much discussion
on the list in the last week. I would expect that by Tuesday morning, there
will be some other issues as well. 

Note that we have promised Matt that the PKINIT discussions would be on 
Tuesday afternoon.  

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444