Subject: krb-wg Agenda for 58th IETF - draft 0.5

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:47:31 -0400

I've included below a revised and updated draft agenda, based on my 
conversations with Doug and with some of the individuals whose names are 
listed below.  The previous draft included 65 minutes worth of topics, not 
including any time for Kerberos-extensions.  After talking to some of the 
folks involved, I've lengthened the estimates on both the preauth framework 
and IDN issues for extensions, since it is likely that both of these items 
need more than the 10 minutes originally projected.

As a result, this draft includes 100 minutes worth of topics, and more may 
be added depending on what else we need to discuss for pkinit or 
extensions.  Needless to say, I don't think we're going to fit in a single 
60-minute meeting slot.

The only 1-hour meeting slots are Tuesday afternoon; all other slots are 2 
or 2.5 hours.  So, I can either try to ask for a second 1-hour Tuesday 
afternoon slot, or ask to be moved to a longer slot either on Tuesday 
morning or on a different day.  Before I can make any request, I need to 
know what the actual constraints are.  Obviously, the fewer limitations we 
place on what we ask for, the more likely we are to win.

So far, I have...
- Avoid conflicts with SASL, SECSH, IPSEC, and SAAG
- Try to avoid conflicts with other SEC area meetings
- Avoid conflicts with LDAP, NFSV4, and the APP open area meeting

I also seem to recall some preference expressed for Tuesday, but I can't 
remember why.  If anyone knows, please let me know.  We may have to drop 
this requirement in order to get a suitable slot.

-- Jeff

Kerberos WG  (krb-wg)

Tuesday,  November 11, 2003
1415-1515 Afternoon Sessions II
======================================================

AGENDA (draft 0.5):

  Introduction
        Doug Engert, Jeff Hutzelman (5 min)
        Agenda bashing, appointing a scribe

  WG Priorities - Doug Engert  (5 min)
        set milestones for the WEB page There are way out of date.
        We need to set a few important ones we can meet.

  Pre-Auth Framework - Sam Hartman 10-20 min
       Sam promised at the interim meeting to have a start on this.

  PKINIT
    + Status update - Brian Tung? (5 min)
    + PKINIT and preauth - Sam Hartman (10 min)

  kerberos-extensions
    + Status update - Cliff Neuman - 5 minutes
    + IDN issues - Jeff Altman - 30 minutes
    + other topics???

  GSSAPI-CFX - JK Jaganathan (10 min)
        Lots of discussion on the list, needs some face to face discussion.

  Change/Set Password - Nicolas Williams (10 min)

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:46:28 -0500

> - Avoid conflicts with LDAP, NFSV4, and the APP open area meeting

I've been asked to add XMPP and CALSCH to this list.

> this requirement in order to get a suitable slot.

So far, I've heard no response to this.  If I don't hear anything by the 
end of the day, I'll assume the Tuesday requirement was a figment of my 
imagination, and proceed without it.

-- Jeff

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:54:20 -0500

Another session which should be added is* BOF on Internationalized Email 
Addresses (IEA).
*I think all members who are concerned with the IDN issues should attend 
this BOF.

Jeffrey Altman

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> So far, I've heard no response to this.  If I don't hear anything by 
> the end of the day, I'll assume the Tuesday requirement was a figment 
> of my imagination, and proceed without it.
>
> -- Jeff
>