Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-krb-wg-gssapi-cfx-04.txt

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:21:12 -0600

The GSSAPI draft "The Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism: Version 2"
is now ready for krb-wg WG last call. We are starting the WG Last call 
process, which will last two weeks and end on Monday December 15. 
 
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-gssapi-cfx-04.txt

I encourage all WG members to read this document, and send in comments.
To help keep any comments straight PLEASE:

 o In the title of the e-mail have the at least "gssapi-cfx-04" 

 o Include the section number in the title of the e-mail  

 o If there are multiple technical issues to consider, please send as 
   separate e-mails.  

I especially encourage those members who represent vendors and developers of 
current implementations to review the document, and to comment. This includes 
positive comments to proceed!

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:16:00 +0100

RFC 2744 define the following flags as well:

   #define GSS_C_ANON_FLAG       64
   #define GSS_C_PROT_READY_FLAG 128
   #define GSS_C_TRANS_FLAG      256

Are these allowed to be set by implementations that support them?
Are receivers forced to ignore them if they are set?

One editorial issues: The document reserve certain bit sequences in
several places (4.1.1.1, 4.2.2, and 4.4).  Because some of these texts
appear to be directed to IANA or IETF (e.g., section 4.4 "Token
identifiers ... are reserved and SHALL NOT be assigned."), and not to
protocol implementors, I think they should placed in a separate
section.

Thanks,
Simon