From: "D. R. Evans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:25:26 -0700

Sam Hartman wrote:
> It does not bother me if all the realm names you propose as valid end
> up being considered valid realm names by some or all implementations.
> 
> If they are valid realm names at all, I believe they are considered
> domain realm names.
> 
> 

If everyone agrees with that interpretation, then that's fine (although 
it does make me wonder why the stuff about "looks like" is in 
clarifications -- because without that language your interpretation 
would seem to be the natural one. The inclusion of the "looks like" 
language seems to suggest that some different interpretation was intended).

Clarifications is pretty vague about all this (unfortunately). 
PacketCable will want to be more precise, so I expect that we will add 
language that reflects the consensus of this group as to what 
clarifications really means. What we don't want to do is to add precise 
language only to have someone here later say, "Oh, no, clarifications 
doesn't mean that at all".

   Doc

-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------
Phone:  +1 303 494 0394
Mobile: +1 720 839 8462
Fax:    +1 781 240 0527
-----------------------------------------------------------