Subject: still no pkinit in the archives

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:16:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

I really don't understand why pkinit's glacial
progress isn't either

a) in the drafts repository
b) linked from this wg's web page

maybe pkinit has died and nobody's given it a
death certificate?

	Mike

---

From: Brian Tung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:59:20 -0800

> maybe pkinit has died and nobody's given it a

It hasn't died.  I put together a pk-init-17 for review a while ago,
we've had some comments, and I think I'll present on plans in the
Tuesday session.

Brian Tung <[email-masked]>

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:29:51 -0800 (PST)

My exasperation here is that the draft never seems
to be in the archives or linked to by the wg site.
Every time somebody asks me about it I have to
take a wild guess as to what version they should
look at, etc. Can we please get this fixed?

	 Mike

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:23:58 -0500

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

    Michael> My exasperation here is that the draft never seems to be
    Michael> in the archives or linked to by the wg site.  Every time
    Michael> somebody asks me about it I have to take a wild guess as
    Michael> to what version they should look at, etc. Can we please
    Michael> get this fixed?

I do believe that if pkinit is going to make the kind of progress we
talked about in September, it needs an active editor who will keep it
in the archives and moving forward.

I'm not volunteering; I'm happy if pkinit makes much slower progress,
but apparently not everyone falls in this camp.

--Sam