Subject: IETF59 krb-wg agenda and scheduling

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:16:53 -0500 (EST)

It's getting to be that time again.  Scheduling for IETF59 is underway,
and we need to request a time slot and submit an agenda.  We had a fair
bit of trouble meeting everyone's scheduling needs in Minneapolis, in part
because people made plans based on a timeslot request that was sent in
before we had established an agenda.  To prevent that happening again (and
keep your chairs on the IETF Secretariat's good side), I'd like to
establish an agenda _before_ we submit a timeslot request.

Also, just as a reminder, IETF attendees are encouraged to attend the
entire IETF meeting, rather than coming only long enough to attend a
single working group meeting.  Not only does this make scheduling easier,
but there's a lot of useful interaction that goes on outside the formal
working group meetings.  Personally, I always plan on being around
starting Sunday evening, and rarely leave before the conclusion of the
last meeting session on Friday morning.

What follows is an initial list of agenda topics; please bring up others
you feel should be discussed...
- Document status update (kcrypto, clarifications, gssapi-cfx)
- kerberos-extensions status update, open issues
- pkinit status update, open issues

As far as selecting a timeslot goes...  Obviously, we won't know how much
time we need until we have a more complete agenda.  However, we do need to
come up with a list of groups we want to avoid conflicting with, and I'd
also like to hear from anyone with preferences for when we meet.

My initial list of groups to avoid conflicts with:
SAAG, SECSH, SASL, IPSEC
plus we want to avoid conflicts with other security area groups.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:02:11 -0500

I believe I will have stuff to talk about for preauth.  I expect 10-20
minutes or so.

Love and I met back in December to discuss some issues and came up
with questions that we want the WG to answer.  I hope to post those
questions soon.