Subject: interim meeting to discuss extensions?

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:19:45 -0500

What is the status of an interim meeting to discuss extensions?

I believe we need to hold one to make substantial progress before
the summer IETF.  If we are going to hold one before June we
really need to come to a conclusion fairly quickly. 

Depending on the attendance I would be willing to host it in New York.
I have a conference room available in my building which can host
approximately eight people.  There is a not incredibly expensive hotel
across the street.  I am sure that there are other sites which would be
willing to host it as well.

My preference would be for the meeting to be held during the
week of May 10th.

What are the thoughts of the working group?

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:55:09 -0400

Three weeks ago I sent the following query regarding an Interim meeting
to discuss extensions.  There was zero follow-up response on the list.
Is the consensus of the group that we will make significant progress on
extensions and have a document published by the San Diego meeting
without a scheduled interim meeting?

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:44:28 -0400

Is there anyone who would want to host such a interim meeting if we
had one?

---

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:32:17 -0700

I am willing to host such a meeting at ISI in L.A., although given the
IETF is also on the west coast this time, it might not be an ideal
location.  I will leave the offer on the table, however.

Cliff