Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism: Version 2' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:55:08 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism: Version 2 '
   <draft-ietf-krb-wg-gssapi-cfx-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Kerberos WG Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This document defines protocols, procedures, and conventions to be
  employed by peers implementing the Generic Security Service
  Application Program Interface (GSS-API) when using the Kerberos
  Version 5 mechanism.

  RFC 1964 is updated and incremental changes are proposed in response
  to recent developments such as the introduction of Kerberos
  cryptosystem framework.  These changes support the inclusion of new
  cryptosystems, by defining new per-message tokens along with their
  encryption and checksum algorithms based on the cryptosystem.

Working Group Summary

  The KRB-WG Working Group came to rough consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.