Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:53:57 -0800

This draft discusses how to use the authorization data type-hole to
negotiate stronger enctypes. Comments are welcome.

-- larry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 1:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Kerberos Cryptosystem Negotiation Extension
	Author(s)	: L. Zhu, et al.
	Filename	: draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2005-1-17
	
This document specifies an extension by Kerberos to negotiate new
   encryption types between the client-server peers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:43:33 +1100

FYI if anyone wants to interop test there is an implementation of the
enctype negotiation protocol in the current Heimdal snapshots.

Also, there is an implementation of rfc2478bis in Heimdal (but it is
not yet merged -- Larry, contact me if you want a snapshot).

-- Luke

>From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zhu-kerb-enctype-nego-00.txt
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:53:57 -0800
>
> 

--