Subject: RE: Last calling pkinit 33

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:20:20 -0800

Sam wrote: 
> I noticed a change made to the diagram in the introduction.  Can Larry
or anyone who can look at the diagram please confirm it still looks OK?

This was due to xlm2rfc escape/manual editing, and it is now fixed.

I just submitted -33.

-- Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hartman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:47 AM
To: Liqiang(Larry) Zhu
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last calling pkinit 33

Hi.  I'm going to last call -33 as soon as it is available.  I believ it
addresses all my AD review comments with the exception of the question
about rsaEncryption.  It will be last called along with OCSP for pkinit.

I noticed a change made to the diagram in the introduction.  Can Larry
or anyone who can look at the diagram please confirm it still looks OK?

I'm also uncomfortable with the following change:

+   o  Algorithms identified in the contentEncryptionAlgorithm field of
+      the type EncryptedContentInfo [RFC3852] for encrypting the
+      temporary key in the encryptedKey field of the type
+      KeyTransRecipientInfo [RFC3852] with a public key, as described
in
+      Section 3.2.3.2: rsaEncryption [RFC3447] [RFC3279].

As far as I can tell, rsaEncryption identifies a type of public key and
is neither a bulk nor public key encryption algorithm.  I don't think it
belongs anywhere in pkinit.

I will not block last call on this issue but we need to come to closure
before approval.

--Sam