Subject: Re: Draft SAAG Meeting Minutes

From: Matt Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:58:19 -0500

Seen in the SAAG minutes ...

On Mar 29, 2006, at 10:19, Russ Housley wrote:

> Siddharth Bajaj: Dynamic passwords in Kerberos? Has IETF looked at  
> that?
> Sam Hartman: Very interested.  There are drafts for using OTP with
>    Kerberos.

Might there be WG interest in resuming development of draft-ietf-krb- 
wg-hw-auth-03.txt?

               Passwordless Initial Authentication to Kerberos
                        by Hardware Preauthentication
Abstract

     This document specifies an extension to the Kerberos protocol for
     performing initial authentication of a user without using that
     user's long-lived password.  Any "hardware preauthentication"  
method
     may be employed instead of the password, and the key of another
     principal must be nominated to encrypt the returned credential.