Subject: New draft :draft-zrelli-krb-xkdcp-00.txt

From: Saber Zrelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:15:51 +0900

Greetings,

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

This draft proposes an extension to the Kerberos protocol that
offers a new cross-realm authentication model.

Title	: XKDCP, the Inter-KDC protocol for cross-realm 
	  operations in Kerberos.

Filename: draft-zrelli-krb-xkdcp-00.txt
	
Abstract :

This memo proposes protocol extensions to the Kerberos protocol
specification.  The extension (hereafter called XKDCP) offers a new
cross-realm protocol for Kerberos.  The XKDCP extension defines a
protocol between Kerberos Key Distribution Centers (KDCs) that allows
a KDC to build credentials even when the client or the requested
service is not registered in the KDC's database (but registered in
another KDC's database).  The XKDCP extension defines two protocols:
XTGSP (Inter Ticket Granting Service Protocol) and XASP (Inter
Authentication Service Protocol).  The XTGSP protocol can be used in
remote access scenarios to allow the local KDC to deliver credentials
for services located in remote realms.  On the other hand, the XASP
protocol can be used in case of cross-realm roaming scenarios to
allow the visited KDC to deliver credentials for roaming users.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zrelli-krb-xkdcp-00.txt

Any feedbacks and comments would be appreciated,

Regards,
Saber.

-- 
Saber ZRELLI <[email-masked]>
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Center of Information Science
Shinoda Laboratory