Subject: IETF66 Agenda Bashing

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:51:19 -0400

I have just uploaded the first version of our IETF66 agenda to the IETF 
meeting materials site; I'm also including it below.  This agenda is still 
preliminary; the times, order, and discussion topics are all subject to 
change.  The most likely source of change, of course, is discussion on this 
mailing list.  So, folks, please comment on the agenda.

-- Jeff

Kerberos WG (krb-wg)

MON, July 10 at 0900-1130 (Room 519A)
=====================================

Chair(s):
Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

Preliminaries - Chair (5 min)
  - Introduction
  - Blue Sheets
  - Scribe, Jabber
  - Agenda Bashing

Document Status - Chair (5 min)
  + Completed work
    Enctype Negotiation (RFC4537)
    PKINIT (RFC4556, in AUTH48)
    PKINIT OCSP (RFC4557, in AUTH48)

  + Active WG items:
    PKINIT ECC      draft-zhu-pkinit-ecc-01                   WGLC completed
    TCP Extensions  draft-ietf-krb-wg-tcp-expansion-00        WGLC active
    Anonymous       draft-ietf-krb-wg-anon-00                 WGLC in July
    Naming          draft-ietf-krb-wg-naming-00               WGLC in July
    Referrals       draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-referrals-07   WGLC in August
    Extensions      draft-ietf-krb-wg-rfc1510ter-02           WGLC in August
    Set/Change PW   draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-set-passwd-04  WGLC in August
    PKINIT Agility  draft-ietf-krb-wg-pkinit-alg-agility-00   WGLC in 
November
    GSS Agility     <not yet submitted>                       WGLC in 
November

  + Related work
    draft-jaganathan-kerberos-http-01 (in RFC Editor Queue)
    Information Model   draft-johansson-kerberos-model-02
    TLS                 draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls-00 (expired)
    One-Time Passwords  draft-richards-otp-kerberos-00
    Inter-KDC           draft-zrelli-krb-xkdcp-00

Presentations
  Inter-KDC Cross-Realm (15 min + questions)
    draft-zrelli-krb-xkdcp-00

  OTP Kerberos (10 min + questions)
    draft-richards-otp-kerberos-00.txt

Charter Discussion - Chair and Security AD(s) (20 min)
  The Kerberos working group has now been active for nearly 6 years.  We
  have been charged with two broad tasks.  The first is to "clarify and
  amplify the Kerberos specification", which we largely accomplished with
  the publication of RFC's 3961, 3962, and 4120.

  Our second task is to "select from existing proposals on new or extended
  functionality... and publish these as one or more Proposed Standards".
  This task is fairly open-ended to begin with, and we've been applying a
  somewhat loose interpretation, under which we could undertake work to
  solve any of the problems that were being considered at that time, even
  if we did not adopt a particular direction that was under discussion
  when the WG was formed.  This broad task forms the basis for all of our
  current work items.

  Sam and I feel it is time to revisit the charter, and replace this
  broad, open-ended task with a specific list of work items.  To that
  end, we'd like to hold a discussion in Montreal to develop a list of
  work items and milestones to be included in an updated charter.  We
  expect such a list to include items the group is already working on,
  and previously-discussed proposals which the working group wants to
  take on as work items.  It should not include items which have not
  already been discussed -- this is not an open call for ideas.  Of
  course, it is still appropriate for the group to listen to proposals
  for new work from time to time, and request a charter update to add
  new work items it feels are appropriate.

Technical Discussion (60 min)
  - Naming/Anonymous
  - PKINIT Agility - Larry Zhu, Love Hörnquist-Åstrand
  - Referrals - Ken Raeburn
  - Extensions - Tom Yu