Subject: WGLC comments on draft-ietf-krb-wg-naming-03.txt

From: Kevin Coffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:11:22 -0400

Trying once again (sorry for any duplicates...)

The heading lists the "NETWORK WORKING GROUP".  I see that rfc4120 was 
published with the same thing, but shouldn't this be the "Kerberos 
Working Group"?

There is a typo in the Abstract ("principal name" s/b "principal 
names"), but Jeffrey's suggested rephrasing handles that.

Section 3.1 (and repeated in Section 3.2) has another typo:

   "and SHOULD reject the authentication attempt
   is a well-known principal name is used ..."

That should read "if a well-known..."

Also in Section 3.1 (and repeated in Section 3.2), I was confused by 
the sentence, "Unless otherwise specified, if a well-known 
[principal|realm] name is used but not supported in any other places of 
Kerberos messages, authentication MUST fail".

I suggest rephrasing this to, "Unless otherwise specified, if a 
well-known [principal|realm] name is used in any other Kerberos 
message, but is not supported, authentication MUST fail."

K.C.