Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] WG Last Call: draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls-07.txt

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:23:16 -0400

This note announces the start of a two-week last call within the Kerberos
Working Group on whether to send the following document to the IESG:

Title:           Using Kerberos V5 over the
                 Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol
Filename:        draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls-07.txt
Intended Status: Informational

   This document specifies how the Kerberos V5 protocol can be transported
   over the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol, to provide
   additional security features.

This last call will expire at 23:59 EDT on Oct 15, 2009.

Please review this document and send any comments to the Kerberos Working
Group mailing list, <[email-masked]>, by that date.  The file can be
obtained via

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls-07.txt

Note that we have one unresolved issue, relating to the question of which 
of a SubjectAltName form or Extended Key Usage purpose should be defined by 
this document for use in certificate validation.  This Last Call is made 
without regard to that issue, on which the chairs will make a separate 
determination of consensus.  Assuming the Last Call succeeds and the 
SAN/EKU issue is resolved, the document forwarded to the IESG will reflect 
the outcome of both.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Co-Chair, IETF Kerberos Working Group
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA

_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:54:15 -0400

--On Thursday, October 01, 2009 12:23:16 PM -0400 Jeffrey Hutzelman 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> of a SubjectAltName form or Extended Key Usage purpose should be defined
> by this document for use in certificate validation.  This Last Call is
> made without regard to that issue, on which the chairs will make a
> separate determination of consensus.  Assuming the Last Call succeeds and
> the SAN/EKU issue is resolved, the document forwarded to the IESG will
> reflect the outcome of both.

I have received no responses to this last call.  Given previous comments 
and discussion relating to this document, I'm taking this to mean that we 
have a consensus to publish this document.  The SAN/EKU issue remains 
unresolved, but I'm going to try to speak to Nico and Simon and see if we 
can get it resolved this week.  If anyone else has strong opinions on the 
subject, now is the time to speak up.

-- Jeff