Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-krb-wg-clear-text-cred-00

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:10:53 -0400

This message starts a two week last call on
draft-ietf-krb-wg-clear-text-cred-00 for publication as a proposed
standard.  The chairs have received word from our ADs that our charter
is approved so this is now in scope. There has already been enough
discussion to adopt this and I believe all issues are resolved so I'm
starting a last call.

We will require explicit positive comments to move this forward.

Please send comments by July 12, 2011.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:50:46 -0400

I support advancing draft-ietf-krb-wg-clear-text-cred.

I have a few minor comments:

* Section 3 says "the optional key version number (kvno) SHOULD NOT be
present".  I believe in the MIT implementation, this field will be
present with value 0, and it would be inconvenient to change that.
That's fine; implementation convenience is one of the reasons to ignore
a SHOULD.  My only concern is that an implementor might take the SHOULD
as a license to reject KRB-CRED messages with the kvno field present.
So it would be nice to add something like "and MUST be ignored by the
recipient if present."

* Grammar error in section 4: "... which can result in the recipients
use the credentials of a client which was not intended".  Perhaps
s/recipients use/recipient using/.

---

From: Josh Howlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:40:15 +0000

>discussion to adopt this and I believe all issues are resolved so I'm

This draft is a dependency for an OASIS document describing the transport
of Kerberos tickets within SAML. This draft meets the needs of that
document.

Josh.

JANET(UK) is a trading name of The JNT Association, a company limited
by guarantee which is registered in England under No. 2881024 
and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG