Subject: Reliability Ratings -posted-

From: Extended Warranty Announcement <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:26:38 -0700

Greetings Krb-wg-archive

Vehicle service agreements (also known as extended warranty plans ) are designed to offer

similar peace of mind by literally extending the length of time a customer

can expect to receive such coverage.

Be proactive in order to save out of pocket expenses.

View Policy Here

June 02, 2014

--------------------------------------

- Protect Yourself...And your Wallet

- Extended Warranty Package Generated

We hope that you enjoyed your extended warranty Announcement

to stop further contact - write Update Notice Messages one one eight Kecks Lane

Ruff Dale, PA 15679 or visit here

agree about using .NET objects rather than text streams. Using plain text is just so powerful, and makes command chaining so easysing objects is a paradigm shift and takes some getting used to. But avoids the whole re-parsing at each step where structured data is involved (e.g. no need to ensure fields are delimited). Richard Fte @Daishiman, I can understand where there is a learning curve with PowerShell, but piping objects can be much more flexible than piping text. @Richard is correct.t's not just the learning curve though. It's hard to argue with the power of plain text. It's hard to argue with 30+ years of tools that deal with text.Auto makers had a hard time arguing with 1000+ years of horses too. I'm not trying to be flippant. Just pointing out that past success does not remove the potential benefit of innovation. EBGreen I agree with your point about innovation. I don't really agree with the point that piping objects is more powerful than piping text.
If you are piping objects, all of your command-line tools must understand objects. Plain text is the lowest common denominator that all languages can understand. Objects CAN be more flexible, but that doesn't mean that parsing them is trivial. Yes, with text you have the formatting issue, but awk, sed and perl have mostly solved the problem. What happens when objects don't have compatible methods? Translite objects is much more difficult than text. Another thing: there's nothing you get with MSH that you don't get with Perl or Python, and both, being full-fledged languages, accomplish much more, and since they're more verbose than bash but about the same as MSH (and much more readable), I still don't see th - I totally agree with your points. Dealing with objects or proprietary configuration mechanisms (rather than plain text) is what makes Windows so difficult to deal with on the command line.guess,cast. I did not understand your point about "what happens when objects don
't have compatible methods" - Could you say that another way or give an example of the problem? Thankhe problem is that if you're dealing with a bunch of dissimilar objects you need to introspection to handle their different methods and properties, which means that the only common denominator is text, so you're back to square one, 'cept without without your wonderful usual UNIX text tools. @Daishiman - I understand. In practice people have found this not to be a problem but rather a huge advantage. That said, I can see that if you were an expert text parser, this would be a new skill to learn and it might feel unneeded and awkward at first. Again - whatever helps is the right tool. I tried to use bash via Cygwin on Windows but the forward vs. backward slash for paths killed it for me. The whole command line ecosystem needs to be working the same or it's frust and error prone. I thought programmers especially would understand the need for strongly-typed properties and not
random perlthon text-parsing where anything can go wrong without you even knowing it before it's too The unix tools are so awesome and advanced. But depending on the text output having so many columns and this particular column is what I want is not so great. What if the command changes down the line. Your neat little script gets broken. And it is not as though you cannot do similar text manipulation with Powershell. But you do have the advantage of dealing with full fidelity objects. Powershell may never be as powerful as bash etc. but it did get this aspect right