Subject: [L1vpn] Inter-SP L1VPN

From: "Neumar Malheiros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:15:12 -0300 (BRT)

Hi all,

Indeed, the routing of L1VPN connections over multiple GMPLS-enabled
service providers is a very complex issue. I think there is no
standard-compliant system implementations to seamless provide end-to-end
services (considering QoS, recovery, and other important issues).

What are the proposed approachs to deal with Inter-SP L1VPNs?

"This scenario can be used to construct a single L1VPN from services
provided by multiple regional providers. There could be a variety of
business relationships among providers and customers." (from the L1VPN
Framework)

Is there a specific service model for Inter-SP L1VPNs? or could an
Inter-SP L1VPN be constructed as a hirarchy of L1VPNs which use the
already well-defined service models?

Thanks in advance ( and I am sorry about my broken english).

Regards,

-- 

Neumar Malheiros
-------------------------------------
MSc Candidate
Institute of Computing
State University of Campinas - Brazil
-------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:02:48 +0100

Hi Neumar,

Although some people have started to discuss this problem, the general
movement is to solve the single SP problem first.

Adrian