Subject: [L1vpn] Re: Updates of L1VPN applicability I-D

From: Tomonori TAKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:42:04 +0900

Hi Dimitri,
(Now copying to the l1vpn mailing list for sharing information)

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

I think this is related to how we interpret charter text, so it would be 
nice if we all can share the same view.

My understanding is that "basic mode" and "enhanced mode" are a sort of 
high-level modes (or service models). It could contain multiple (sub-) 
service models.

The definition of basic mode is, as described in charter, "the CE-PE 
interface's functional repertoire is limited to path setup signalling 
only". I think there could be detailed various (sub-) service models 
derived from this concept. The same applies for the enhanced mode.

So, what I would like to suggest in the updated version is trying to 
capture this. Namely,

- Under the basic mode (section 6), position detailed (sub-) service models
     - Overlay service model in section 6.1
- Under the enhanced mode (section 7), position detailed (sub-) service models
     - Overlay Extension service model in section 7.1
     - Virtual Node service model in section 7.2
     - Virtual Link service model in section 7.3
     - Per-VPN Peer service model in section 7.4

NOTE: Since we only have one sub service model for the basic mode, we may 
want to shrink the structure.

The other alternative is, if I understand your suggestions correctly, to 
position the basic mode and the enhanced mode as core modes, and 
application of those core modes comprise various service models (Overlay 
Extension, Virtual Node, Virtual Link, etc.)

In that case, we may want to elaborate the definition of the basic mode and 
the enhanced mode a bit more.

How do you think?

Best regards,
Tomonori

At 15:37 05/07/11 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:

>hi,
>
>would it be possible to align the ToC - and refer only to the basic mode
>i.e. signaling based service model and enhanced mode - so as the ToC reads
>
>6. Applicability to Signaling-based Service Model (Base Mode) 9
>6.1. Base Mode
>6.1.1 Overview of the Service Model ............................  9
>6.1.2. Applicability of Existing Solutions ......................  9
>6.1.3. Additional Work Area(s) .................................. 10
>
>7. Applicability to Signaling and Routing Service Model (Enhanced Mode) 12
>
>7.1. Enhanced Mode
>7.1.1. Overview of the Service Model
>7.1.2. Applicability of Existing Solutions
>7.1.3. Additional Work Area(s)
>
>7.2. Application of the Enhanced Mode
>7.2.1   Virtual Node Service Model ............................... 12
>7.2.1.1 Overview of the Service Model ............................ 12
>7.2.1.2 Applicability of Existing Solutions ...................... 12
>7.2.1.3 Additional Work Area(s) .................................. 13
>7.2.2   Virtual Link Service Model ............................... 14
>7.2.2.1 Overview of the Service Model ............................ 14
>7.2.2.2 Applicability of Existing Solutions ...................... 14
>7.3.2.3 Additional Work Area(s) .................................. 14
>7.2.3   Per- VPN Peer Service Model ............................... 14
>7.2.3.1 Overview of the Service Model ............................ 15
>7.2.3.2 Applicability of Existing Solutions ...................... 15
>7.2.3.3 Additional Work Area(s) .................................. 15
>
>otherwise the taxonomy becomes too difficult to parse, i will provide you a
>specific piece of text for LMP b/f end of this week

_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn