Subject: [L1vpn] Proposals for three new working group documents

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:13:25 +0100

Hi,

In Dallas we agreed that we wanted to take the three basic mode I-Ds into
the working group.

This email is to formally ask you for approval or issues with adopting
these drafts as follows...

draft-fedyk-l1vpn-basic-mode-01.txt
  ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-basic-mode-00.txt

draft-ouldbrahim-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-01.txt
  ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-00.txt

draft-bryskin-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-01.txt
  ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-00.txt

Opinions please.

Thanks,
Adrian

_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn

---

From: "Igor Bryskin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:15:03 -0400

Yes to all three.

Igor

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:18:44 -0400

Yes to all three.

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:46:33 +0200

yes to the first two and no to the third

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Richard Rabbat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:50:07 -0700

Hi Adrian,
See inline. 
Richard.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:13 AM
> To: [email-masked]

Yes

>   ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-00.txt

No
 
>   ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-00.txt
Yes

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:22:26 +0200

>  ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-basic-mode-00.txt

yes

>  ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-00.txt

see below 1

>  ---->draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-00.txt

see below 2

1. if the discovery process (PE-PE) is also including TDM service 
over PSN there is a broader community involved in this discussion
otherwise - ok -

2. charter says 

"At this point the WG will address the single-AS scenario only. The
multi-AS/provider scenario may be considered in future." 

but we never got a clear answer whether this wg wants to have the same
solution for both scenarios and we do not have much info from fmw doc
nor from the list

the only thing i know from the list is that operator(s) are not willing
to have two solutions for the same problem - but basically i see two 
distinct problems we could solve in a single AS context for which you
could have different starting points

- single-AS core backbone running already an IGP and connecting core
routers

- single-AS STM-N infrastucture to provide LO/HO VC connectivity that 
could be expanded to multi-AS

i would say both but i put a warning on the IGP-based solution whether 
the multi-area case is the prime focus, i read this draft as trying to 
compete with the functionality of the BGP single-AS case while it is 
not clear at all this is relevant 

"Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
12/04/2006 12:13
Please respond to Adrian Farrel
 
        To:     <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        [L1vpn] Proposals for three new working group 
documents

Hi,

Opinions please.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:02:00 +0900

Yes to all.

-- 
Kohei Shiomoto
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories
3-9-11 Midori, Musashino, Tokyo 180-8585, Japan
Phone +81 422 59 4402    Fax +81 422 59 3787

---

From: Tomohiro Otani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:55:36 +0900

Hi everyone,

The first and second drafts are OK, but the last one is to be discussed more
and considered again after the next meeting judging from the mailing list
discussion.

Regards,

tomo

---

From: "Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:00:02 -0500

Hi all,

Even though late, here's my 2-cents (1-euro cent):
1) yes
2) yes
3) abstain

Deborah 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomohiro Otani [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:56 AM
To: Adrian Farrel
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [L1vpn] Proposals for three new working group documents

Hi everyone,

The first and second drafts are OK, but the last one is to be discussed
more
and considered again after the next meeting judging from the mailing
list
discussion.

Regards,

tomo