Subject: [L1vpn] CE-CE control message

From: Tomonori TAKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:58:10 +0900

Hi,

As John raised the issue in the meeting, I think we need to make sure
that CE-CE control message exchange are corrected captured.

We have a specific section on this in the framework and requirement
draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l1vpn-framework-03.txt

----------------------------
10. Control Plane Connectivity between CEs.

   A customer network connected by VPN connections may be controlled by
   MPLS or GMPLS, and the VPN connections may be treated as TE links
   within the customer network. In such cases, there must be control
   plane (IP level) connectivity between the CEs, so that control
   messages, such as signaling and routing messages, can be exchanged
   between the CEs. Furthermore, in some recovery techniques, Notify
   message exchange is needed between the ingress and egress of the VPN
   connection, which requires control plane connectivity between the
   CEs. There are several potential ways to achieve this.
   ...
----------------------------

This I-D has already passed the WG last call and is now under AD
evaluation. If you have any comment, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tomonori

_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn