Subject: [L1vpn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: BGP-based Auto-Discovery for Layer-1 VPNs
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-05.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2008-5-14
	
The purpose of this document is to define a BGP-based auto-discovery 
   mechanism for Layer-1 VPNs (L1VPNs). The auto-discovery mechanism for 
   L1VPNs allows the provider network devices to dynamically discover 
   the set of PEs having ports attached to CE members of the same VPN. 
   That information is necessary for completing the signaling phase of 
   L1VPN connections. One main objective of a L1VPN auto-discovery 
   mechanism is to support the "single-end provisioning" model, where 
   addition of a new port to a given L1VPN would involve configuration 
   changes only on the PE that has this port and on the CE that is 
   connected to the PE via this port.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn

---

From: "Hamid Ould-Brahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:49:35 -0400

Hi,

This is the new version of the BGP-auto-discovery for l1vpns draft 
taking into account comments received from IESG review of the document. 

The summary of changes are:

- Added in section 2, the statement that the scope of this draft
  does not cover inter-AS case.
- Fixed some nits.
- Moved the [BGP-RFSH] reference to normative section.
- Added MAY for BGP-TE attribute draft in section 4.
- Clarified the text related to scenario where the received 
  L1VPN information is discarded (see section 5).
- Added one sentence on trustworthiness within a single provider network

  (see end of section 6) based on input from Tim and Sandy.

Thanks for all the comments and hope this will clear the DISCUSS on this
draft.

Hamid.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l1vpn-bgp-auto-discovery-
05.txt