Subject: [L1vpn] RFC 5252 on OSPF-Based Layer 1 VPN Auto-Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:19:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5252

        Title:      OSPF-Based Layer 1 VPN Auto-Discovery 
        Author:     I. Bryskin, L. Berger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23232
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5252.txt

This document defines an Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) based Layer 1
Virtual Private Network (L1VPN) auto-discovery mechanism.  This
mechanism enables provider edge (PE) devices using OSPF to dynamically
learn about the existence of each other, and attributes of configured
customer edge (CE) links and their associations with L1VPNs.  This
document builds on the L1VPN framework and requirements and provides a
L1VPN basic mode auto-discovery mechanism.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
L1vpn mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l1vpn