Subject: [L2sm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 02:45:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the L2VPN Service Model of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery
        Authors         : Bin Wen
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02.txt
	Pages           : 160
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
   a Layer 2 Provider Provisioned VPN service.

   This model is intended to be instantiated at management system to
   deliver the overall service.  This model is not a configuration model
   to be used directly on network elements, but provides an abstracted
   view of the Layer 2 VPN service configuration components.  It is up
   to a management system to take this as an input and generate specific
   configurations models to configure the different network elements to
   deliver the service.  How configuration of network elements is done
   is out of scope of the document.

   The data model in this document includes support for point-to-point
   Virtual Private Wire Services (VPWS) and multipoint Virtual Private
   LAN services (VPLS) that use Pseudowires signaled using the Label
   Distribution Protocol (LDP) and the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) as
   described in RFC4761 and RFC6624.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Fioccola Giuseppe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 10:01:18 +0000

Hi All,
This is the new version of the draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model.
Most of the changes address the comments received during the L2SM interim meeting and are reported below (and also summarized in the Appendix A). 

   Changes in v-(02) include:

   o  Fix figure 3 and figure 4 in section 3.4 to apply IEEE802.3 on the
      segment between C and CE and apply IEEE802.1Q on the segment
      between CE and PE.

   o  Update Signaling Option section and add L2TP support and classify
      the signaling option type into BGP-L2VPN, BGP-EVPN, LDP-PWE, L2TP-
      PW.

   o  Add Multicast Support in section 5.2.13, section 5.10.3 and move
      the text in BUM Storm Control section into section 5.10.3.

   o  Add new section 5.3.1, section 5.4, section 5.5, section 5.6,
      section 5.7, section 5.8, section 5.11to explain the usage of
      constraint parameters and service placement related parameters.

   o  Add new section 5.1 and 5.14 to allow augmentation and external ID
      References.

   o  Add new section to discuss inter-AS support and inter-provider
      support with NNI and EVC, OVC.

   o  Update Service Section 5.10 and define four type for svc-input-
      bandwidth and svc-output-bandwidth and add guaranteed-bw-percent
      parameter and related description.

   o  Add extranet VPN support.

   o  Remove duplicated parameters from cloud access.

   o  Move L2CP control plane protocol parameters under connection.

   o  Update section 5.3.3.2 to address loop avoidance issue and divide
      section 5.3.3.2 into Physical interface section, LAG interface
      section and Addressing Section.

   o  Reference Update.

Reviews and Comments are welcome

Thanks,

Giuseppe

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: L2sm [mailto:[email-masked]] Per conto di [email-masked]
Inviato: lunedì 3 luglio 2017 11:46
A: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Oggetto: [L2sm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
L2sm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2sm

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie. 

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks. 

Rispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 09:33:50 +0000

Thank Giuseppe to step up and move this work forward.
I am glad to see a lot of progress we made to get in line with L3SM work and address most of comments raised in the interim meeting.
Please review the changes and let us know if you have any other comments.

Regards!
Qin/Adrian
-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Fioccola Giuseppe [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2017年7月3日 18:01
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
主题: I: [L2sm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02.txt

Hi All,

   o  Reference Update.

Thanks,

Giuseppe

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: L2sm [mailto:[email-masked]] Per conto di [email-masked]
Inviato: lunedì 3 luglio 2017 11:46
A: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Oggetto: [L2sm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-02.txt

Abstract: