Subject: Tunnel ID in StopCCN

From: "David Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:31:50 -0500

The Tunnel ID in the header of a StopCCN should be set to the Assigned Tunnel ID
of the SCCRQ or SCCRP that was received for the tunnel, right? So if the Tunnel
ID is 0, then that is an error condition?

---

From: Barney Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:49 EST

Yes, if the StopCCN is a response to a SCCRQ or SCCRP (or later).
No, if the StopCCN is sent just after a SCCRQ, because the sender of the
SCCRQ changed its mind or never got the SCCRP.  In this case the sender
does not know your tid, so has to use zero.  But if you got the SCCRQ,
you can (laboriously) find the tunnel from the sender's tid+addr.  You
have to have some way to do that lookup, to detect a retransmitted SCCRQ
so you don't establish two tunnels by mistake with the same peer's tid.

Barney Wolff  <[email-masked]>

> From: "David Wong" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:31:50 -0500
>