Subject: Re: Couple of questions

From: Barney Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:05 EST

This is correct for a packet with Ns lower than you're expecting,
but misleadingly wrong for a packet with Ns higher than you're
expecting.  Either save it until you get the intervening packet(s),
or toss it, depending on how hard you want to work.  But a ZLB is
not going to elicit a quicker retransmission than the sender's
timeout - this is not TCP with fast-retransmit.

Barney Wolff  <[email-masked]>

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:43:17 -0800
> 
> > 2. When a control packet received is that's within the current window
> >    but is not the next packet in seq (that the FSM is expecting),
> >    should a ZLB be sent?
> 
> Yes. Assume that the last ZLB was lost & the host is retransmitting. If
> you don't acknowlege it, you'll never sync back up.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:39:07 -0800

Greetings,

> This is correct for a packet with Ns lower than you're expecting,

Oops. Yes. I was assuming lower (missed) Ns. Don't know why. Thanks for
the correction.

-- 
Kyle A. York
Subordinate Grunt
CLOB