Subject: Couple of questions

From: Sabrina Minshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:19:53 -0800 (PST)

1. When a control packet is received with a bad hdr options but with correct
   nr and ns, do we need update our local state?

   I assume we just drop it (even without sending and zlb)?

2. When a control packet received is that's within the current window 
   but is not the next packet in seq (that the FSM is expecting),
   should a ZLB be sent?

   Thanks.

   Sabrina

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:43:17 -0800

Greetings,

>    I assume we just drop it (even without sending and zlb)?

I generally think of the control packet as two layers : delivery & data.
If it's in the delivery window, I schedule a ZLB and pass it up to the
data layer. So, yes, update the local state.

>    but is not the next packet in seq (that the FSM is expecting),

Yes. Assume that the last ZLB was lost & the host is retransmitting. If
you don't acknowlege it, you'll never sync back up.

-- 
Kyle A. York
Subordinate Grunt
CLOB