Subject: RE: question

From: "Peter Tam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:50:27 -0500

Pan (I guess):

My take is that the receiver should never set the S-bit in a SCCRP response
in the 1st place, after an A-bit was received in SCCRQ. However, if the
S-bit is incorrectly set by receiver, then the sender should send a StopCCN
to terminate the attempt upon receiving this incorrect S-bit setting in the
SCCRP. This applies to both the A-bit and S-bit paradigms for LAC/LNS
initiated connection controls. The states machine is in Section 7.2.1.

Regards....Peter Tam,
Nortel Networks

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	[email-masked]
[SMTP:[email-masked]]
	Sent:	Monday, November 13, 2000 1:56 AM
	To:	[email-masked]
	Subject:	question

	Question 1:If in Framing Capabilities AVP in SCCRQ  sent by LAC ,bit
A is set
	while
	              in Framing Capabilities AVP in SCCRP sent by LNS,bit S
is
	set,whether
	              L2tp tunnel between LAC and LNS can be established or
not?
	Question 2:If the tunnel could be established,when we establish a
session in
	this tunnel by     sending ICRQ ,need we reference to the Framing
Capabilities
	AVP of LNS?