Subject: BOUNCE [email-masked]: Non-member submission from [[email-masked]] (Fwd)

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 06:46:09 -0800 (PST)

All,

Here is an e-mail from Internet Drafts. I had a problem with my Majordomo
configuration that I fixed yesterday, but bounced e-mail was not being
delivered to the correct address. Now that I am receiving bounces (and boy, am
I receiving them!) I will start to correct problems I notice.

I had to figure out a way to allow for [email-masked] to be able to
post to the list, but NOT forward mailing list e-mail to them.

PatC

>----------------Begin Forwarded Message----------------<

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:53:45 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Subject: BOUNCE [email-masked]:    Non-member submission from
[[email-masked]]    To: [email-masked]

---

From: Jhilmil Kochar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:12:07 +0530

Hi,
    I had a question on the L2TP MIB draft.
    Is the object l2tpDomainConfigSecret assumed to be an OCTET STRING or a DISPLAY
STRING. The MIB defines it to be a variable length OCTET STRING. In such a case, it
can have null characters and then its length also must be configured. Else if it is
a Null terminated string, it should be of syntax DISPLAY STRING.

Thanks in advance
Jhilmil

-

------------------------------
Jhilmil Kochar
Globespan India
E-mail:mailto:[email-masked]
Web: http://www.globespan.net

---

From: Jhilmil Kochar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:12:07 +0530

Hi,

Thanks in advance
Jhilmil

-

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:09:36 -0800 (PST)

>     Is the object l2tpDomainConfigSecret assumed to be an OCTET STRING or a
> DISPLAY STRING. The MIB defines it to be a variable length OCTET STRING. In
> such a case, it can have null characters and then its length also must be
> configured. Else if it is a Null terminated string, it should be of syntax
> DISPLAY STRING.
> 

It would be a big mistake to make it a DISPLAY STRING. A secret SHOULD consist
of ANY characters, not just ASCII printable ones. Of course, entering
non-printable characters on a console is more complicated (during
configuration), but that shouldn't limit the field type.

PatC