Subject: Re: On Meeting Minutes...

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:27:39 -0800

>And events have affects.
>
>That's why, at least in this case, I posted a separate synopsis to the
>list that was hopefully even more clear than the minutes themselves on
>this subject. I have to believe that those being blindsighted by this
>didn't read these emails and have not been tracking or reading the
>drafts being published on the subject. Perhaps I should have sent yet
>another message with "WE MAY BE RECHARTERING L2TPEXT!!! READ THE SERVICE
>TYPE DRAFT!!!" in the subject, but many people's spam filters may have
>automatically deleted such a horrendous looking warning. So perhaps
>something in between would have been better to solicit the attention of
>those who don't care about or don't have time to read about what
>happened during the meetings. I'll shoot for that next time. 
>

Here is what I would recommend.

You send an e-mail, with the title being "WG Last Call: Proposed L2TP charter". In 
the e-mail you include the new charter, and provide a deadline for WG comments.
That method has worked with success in the past.

The proposed charter has been sent by yourself. So please provide a drop dead
date for any comments on the charter. At that point, take the comments, and 
merge them into the charter. If the changes are grammatical in nature, and there
seems to be rough concensus, then send it. Otherwise, do another last call.

My 2 cents,

PatC