Subject: ����: Private Group ID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:36:00 +0800

Hi,

   I really don't know what the meaning of Private Group ID AVP is and when and
where
to use it.Would you like to give me a answer?

Thanks!

Regards
pan pei sheng

We've found a need for an AVP that would perhaps [arguably]
fall under the semantics of Private Group ID.  It's use is
essentially similar to that of RFC 2764's VPN-ID
(Section 5.3.1).

Anyways, I beleive folks can think of lots of interesting
things to do with it, though I'm not sure if using the
Private Group ID is the right way to go, per the association
w/RADIUS.  Though more so, perhaps, based on the somewhat
puzzling looks I receive from the L2TP gurus when I
mentioned using it.

So, I'm wondering if folks would be opposed to defining a
VPN-ID AVP that looks something like this:

0                   1                   2                   3
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|M|H| rsvd  |      Length       |           Vendor ID           |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|         Attribute Type        |           VPN-ID
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                      VPN-ID (cont..)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
          VPN-ID (cont..)       |      DESC (arbitrary length)  |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Basically, the VPN-ID would be a fixed 8-octet integer, followed
by an optional arbitrary length ASCII string.

Does anyone have feeling either way, or perhaps an alternative
proposal?

Thanks!

-danny