Subject: RFC 3145 on L2TP Disconnect Cause Information

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:56:23 -0700

All,

Unfortunately, this message bounced because I didn't have the RFC editor
as a valid subscriber. I've added it for the future.

Below is the bounced e-mail.

PatC
----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: RFC 3145 on L2TP Disconnect Cause Information
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:01:11 -0700
From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3145

        Title:	    L2TP Disconnect Cause Information
        Author(s):  R. Verma, M. Verma, J. Carlson
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       July 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17421
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-ppp-discinfo-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3145.txt

This document provides an extension to the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol
("L2TP"), a mechanism for tunneling Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
sessions.  L2TP lacks a mechanism for a host to provide PPP-related
disconnect cause information to another host.  This information,
provided by the extension described in this document, can be useful
for accounting and debugging purposes.

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
Extensions Working Group of the IETF. 

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document provides an extension to the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol
("L2TP"), a mechanism for tunneling Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
sessions.  L2TP lacks a mechanism for a host to provide PPP-related
disconnect cause information to another host.  This information,
provided by the extension described in this document, can be useful
for accounting and debugging purposes.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:  Message/External-body;
        access-type="mail-server";
        server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc3145

--OtherAccess
Content-Type:   Message/External-body;
        name="rfc3145.txt";
        site="ftp.isi.edu";
        access-type="anon-ftp";
        directory="in-notes"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--
--NextPart--

----- End forwarded message -----