Subject: [L2tpext] L2TP Header Compression L2TPHC-PPP-Protocol optional AVP

From: "Daniel Feldman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:53:56 +0200

Dear Mr. Valencia and L2TPers,
	reading
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tphc-04.txt,
I didn't quite understand the usage of the L2TPHC-PPP-Protocol optional
AVP.
	The draft says: 
"Another optional AVP, ``L2TPHC-PPP-Protocol'', may be sent immediately
following the ``L2TPHC-No-Header''. If both sent and received, its Value
field indicates the PPP protocol number which will be the single value
carried in the payload of all PPP packets, and the payload transmitted
through L2TPHC will omit PPP HDLC flags and control, as well as the one
or two byte protocol field. The receiving side would then have to
recreate a suitable PPP header and insert it onto received payload."
	Does this mean that:
a) Only one NCP can run at a given time on the many sessions of the
Tunnel? Or is it per session?
b) There will be absolutely NO LCP packets on this tunnel? Else, how can
they be identified? 

	Thanks in advance,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel Feldman
System Architecture Team Leader, IC4IC Ltd.
office: +972(4)959-4644 ext. 121
mobile: +972(55)99-0299
fax:    +972(4)959-4944
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext