Subject: [L2tpext] Why multipart/mixed spam managed to make it through the filters

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:49:55 +0200

This was one of the only attachment types I had left out of my spam filter list
as every I-D announcement includes an attachment of this type and I didn't want
those to require administrative approval :-/

FWIW, 4 other spams were sent to [email-masked] today that no one here had to
look at. I don't know why we have become such a target of late!

Next step is only allowing list members to post, but I really would hate to do
that as this would require administrative action for the following cases (at
least):

1. Posting by a user who is subscribed via list repeater
2. Posting by users who may have changed jobs, been acquired, etc. and may be
using different email now.
3. Cross-posting with other lists (well, some might say this is a good thing!)

- Mark

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext