Subject: [L2tpext] draft-l2tpext-l2tp-base-15.txt -Msg Digest for StopCCN

From: Arif <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 11:40:56 +0530

HI , 
In  draft-l2tpext-l2tp-base-15.txt its mentioned that 

   The SCCRQ has special treatment as it is the initial message
   commencing a new control connection.  As such, there is only one
   nonce available.  Since the nonce is present within the message
   itself as part of the Control Message Authentication Nonce AVP, there
   is no need to use it in the calculation explicitly.  Calculation of
   the SCCRQ Message Digest is performed as follows:

     Message Digest = HMAC_Hash (shared_key, control_message)
   ----- 

   Under certain circumstances, an LCCE may need to send a StopCCN to
   a peer without having yet received an Assigned Control Connection
   ID AVP from the peer (i.e., SCCRQ sent, no SCCRP received yet).
   ---------
--------------------------

For SCCRQ we have special Message digest calculation .
Also it mentioned that we  can send StopCCN with out receiveing the
SCCRP .

So for this StopCCN what is the message digest calcuation , since we
have not learned anything from the remote .

Pls clarify .

Thanks and Regards,
Arif

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext