Subject: [L2tpext] Welcome new L2TPEXT Co-chairs

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:52:29 -0800

L2TPEXT,

With my new appointment as Internet Area Co-Director, I will be stepping down 
from my L2TPEXT post. I am very happy to announce that Ignacio Goyret and Ron Da 
Silva have agreed to share the L2TPEXT chair seat going forward.

Those of you on this list with even the longest of memories, will undoubtedly 
remember Ignacio from the earliest of days working on L2TP. Ignacio wrote the 
code for the venerable TNT & MAX implementations at Ascend back in the 90's, and 
AFAIK still has a hand in what goes on at Lucent with this massive installed base.

At AOL, Ron oversaw implementation and deployment of one of the largest L2TP 
wholesale deployments on the planet. Those of us who sell gear knew when Ron 
wanted a new feature. He has since moved over to Time Warner Cable (where L2TPv3 
has been rumored to be deployed).

The work left on L2TPEXT's plate is mostly that which is expected of a mature 
group, though there are still some documents to finish up and perhaps one or two 
new ones in the pipeline. Thanks to everyone for all of the help over the years 
making interoperability of L2TP successful. It has been a pleasure working with 
all of you!

- Mark

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext