Subject: [L2tpext] RFC 4667 on Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) Extensions for Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:25:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4667

        Title:      Layer 2 Virtual Private Network 
                    (L2VPN) Extensions for Layer 2 Tunneling 
                    Protocol (L2TP) 
        Author:     W. Luo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33166
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2vpn-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4667.txt

The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) provides a standard method for
setting up and managing L2TP sessions to tunnel a variety of L2
protocols.  One of the reference models supported by L2TP describes
the use of an L2TP session to connect two Layer 2 circuits attached to
a pair of peering L2TP Access Concentrators (LACs), which is a basic
form of Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN).  This document
defines the protocol extensions for L2TP to set up different types of
L2VPNs in a unified fashion.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext