Subject: [L2tpext] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fail Over extensions for L2TP "failover"
	Author(s)	: V. Jain
	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-09.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2006-10-9
	
L2TP is a connection-oriented protocol that has shared state between
   active endpoints. Some of this shared state is vital for operation
   but may be rather volatile in nature, such as packet sequence numbers
   used on the L2TP Control Connection. When failure of one side of a
   control connection occurs, a new control connection is created and
   associated with the old connection by exchanging information about
   the old connection. Such a mechanism is not intended as a replacement
   for an active fail over with some mirrored connection states, but as
   an aid just for those parameters that are particularly difficult to
   have immediately available. Protocol extensions to L2TP defined in
   this document are intended to facilitate state recovery, providing
   additional resiliency in an L2TP network and improving a remote
   system's layer 2 connectivity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-09.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext