Subject: [L2tpext] LAST CALL: draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-11.txt

From: Ignacio Goyret <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:37:21 -0800

Hi group,
I want to start a quick LC for the updated version of this document.
Vipin has put a lot of work in rehashing text around in an effort
to make the document more clear and easier to read.

I'd also like to hear from anyone that has implemented any of
the earlier drafts.

This Last Call will conclude on Dec/11/2006, 9:00 AM Pacific time.

Cheers,
-Ignacio

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions
>Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title		: Fail Over extensions for L2TP "failover"
>	Author(s)	: V. Jain
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-11.txt
>	Pages		: 21
>	Date		: 2006-11-30
>	
>L2TP is a connection-oriented protocol that has shared state between
>   active endpoints. Some of this shared state is vital for operation
>   but may be rather volatile in nature, such as packet sequence numbers
>   used on the L2TP Control Connection. When failure of one side of a
>   control connection occurs, a new control connection is created and
>   associated with the old connection by exchanging information about
>   the old connection. Such a mechanism is not intended as a replacement
>   for an active fail over with some mirrored connection states, but as
>   an aid just for those parameters that are particularly difficult to
>   have immediately available. Protocol extensions to L2TP defined in
>   this document are intended to facilitate state recovery, providing
>   additional resiliency in an L2TP network and improving a remote
>   system's layer 2 connectivity.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-11.txt
>

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext

---

From: Ignacio Goyret <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:59:57 -0800

With the LC time completed, I'll be sending this draft to the IESG
for publication.
Thanks to all who took the time to review this last version of
the draft.
Cheers and happy holidays!
-Ignacio