Subject: [L2tpext] Regarding L2TP version 3 implementation with DEPI extentions

From: "Akshay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 00:37:23 +0530

Hi,

Currently I am starting work on implementing a L2TP version 3 solution with
DEPI extensions from scratch. I read the base 3931 rfc and understood that
l2tp is still evolving and new pseudo wires, services and extensions are
constantly been published. In order to successfully implement and test an
rfc3931 solution, I may need to support all the additional rfcs that are
published so far.

I am thinking of implementing the solution as modules. The base module will
be compliant to rf3931 while the other extensions can be added as
'profiles'. Lets call them as l2tp profiles. The profiles work more or less
like plug-ins that extend the functionality of the base module.

As a general idea, lets say I have following 'l2tp profiles',

	1. l2tp version 2 - Contains all the mandatory and optional AVPs for
tunnel setup teardown.
	2. l2tp base - Contains all the mandatory and optional AVPs for
tunnel setup and teardown.
	3. l2tp atm - Contains all the mandatory and optional AVPs for
tunneling ATM cells.

The profiles will be hierarchical, as in if the l2tp atm extension is
configured then the AVP set will contain AVPs from l2tp base as well as l2tp
atm profiles.

I would like suggestions on this idea, if it can prove beneficial in terms
of implementation.

FYI, my target platform is vxWorks. DEPI stands for DOCSIS External Phy
Interface in DOCSIS 3.0 specifications.

Thanx,
Akshay.

_______________________________________________
L2tpext mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext