Subject: [L2tpext] RFC 4591: SVCs

From: Javi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:56:38 +0200

===
RFC 4591, clause 1

Support for Switched Virtual Circuits (SVCs) and  Switched/Soft 
Permanent Virtual Circuits (SPVCs) are outside the scope of this document
===

Why does L2TPv3 FRoPW not support switched virtual circuits?

Javi

---

From: Carlos Pignataro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:53:29 -0400

Javi,

The responses in the thread about RFC 4619 at
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pwe3/current/msg11280.html> are, I
think, also relevant and applicable to RFC 4591 and your question here.

The paragraph you quote does not say that RFC 4591 "does not support FR
SVCs". It says that it was not explored, as it was outside of scope.

Thanks,

-- Carlos.

On 6/15/2010 10:56 AM, Javi wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> L2tpext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2tpext
>