Subject: [L2tpext] Protocol Action: 'Advertising S-BFD Discriminators in L2TPv3' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 10:14:34 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Advertising S-BFD Discriminators in L2TPv3'
  (draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
Extensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2tpext-sbfd-discriminator/

Technical Summary

This document defines a new L2TP AVP for advertising one or more
 Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Discriminators
 using the L2TPv3 Control Protocol.

  Working Group Summary

   The WG process for this document has been smooth and without any
    controversies. 

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations at the moment. However,
    several vendors have expressed they plan to implement it.

    The document was also reviewed by the BFG and PALS WG.

Personnel

Ignacio Goyret is the Document Shepherd
Deborah Brungard is the Responsible AD.