Subject: opinion on number of vpls soluions - polling operators in the l2vpn wg

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:23:11 +0200

Working Group,

we would like to solicit the input of operators represented in the
l2vpn working group on the discusion on the number of vpls solutions
to be progressed and standardized by the IETF.

This have been discussed on the mailing list and ws discussed over again
at the l2vpn wg meeting in Vienna.

We know that operators some times, e.g. for competitive reason, don't
want to speak up in public, therefore it is possible to send a mail
to Scott Bradner

[email-masked]

He will make sure that the response will be kept annonymous, and only
the content made known to the wg chairs. The rest of you can send mail
directly to the wg-chairs, with a copy to the wg mailing list as you
see fit.

What we would like to is:

- do you prefer one single solution for the vpls space
- do you prefer multiple solutions vpls space
- do care if there is any solution at all for the vpls space
- do you care about the number of solutions at all, as long as
   your prefered solution is represented.

We don't plan to make the "votes" public, just tell the working
group the sense of the operator community.

We appreciate your support in this.

Rick, Vach and Loa

-- 
/Loa

mobile + 46 739 81 21 64
email: [email-masked]