Subject: [Isis-wg] Re: Inconsistent view of routers over a LAN

From: "Cheng-Yin Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:58:41 -0400

Hello,
During the L2VPN meeting today, I believe the L2VPN WG needs to consider
the critical issue of loss of communication among CE routers on an
emulated LAN, when using solutions such as :
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpls-ldp-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppvpn-vpls-bgp-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-radoaca-ppvpn-gvpls-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shah-ppvpn-ipls-02.txt

Here is an email from Tony Li discussing this critical issue on the
L2VPN mailing list:
https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/l2vpn/current/msg00045.html  

Section 5.1 and 5.3 of
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-ppvpn-hybrid-vpls-01.txt
discusses some of the impact of these issues, for those interested.

Regards
Cheng-Yin

p.s The issue with CE bridges using these solutions have been discussed
in IEEE 802.1 mailing list as well as in PPVPN mailing list in the past.